Pivot ltd. (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Pivot ltd. of 3 Maritime House, The Hart, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7HW. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Diane Westwood.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in any web forms or by using the mail:to email link on our site pivot-consulting.com (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email)
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the phone call and information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us, including but not limited to Our Site, and of the fulfilment of projects we are commissioned to assist you with.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, regional location data (not your personal address), web-logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
- To help us better understand how visitors engage with our website (this is done through Google Analytics)
- We may collect information about your computer, including your operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Our cookies aren’t used to personally identify you as an individual or your device location.
Where We Store And Process Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on secure servers.
If now or in the future we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site or Third Party Web Services that we provide or utilise, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
- We may also use your data, and/or permit our trusted third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about our goods and services which may be of interest to you and we and/or they may contact you about these. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will not otherwise contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this. If you are a new customer, we and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Pivot ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at
3 Maritime House
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
3 Maritime House